Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Livin On a Prayer



Break out the stonewashed jeans, tassled leather jackets, and start pegging those pants boys and girls because one thing is apparent after today's first New Jersey fair session: 80's fashion is back! Well, maybe that kind of 80's fashion isn't back, but I certainly saw some things that would have fit right in back in the 80's, including but not limited to an Iron Maiden shirt, Vans shoes, and tight and tapered jeans on guys. I saw traces of this revival with the arrival of The Strokes, then girls started wearing leggings under skirts and long boots tucked into tight jeans, but I think it is now official that 80's fashion has fully come around for some folks. Needless to say, Jeff Spicoli would have thought these duds were awesome.


Here's hoping Z Cavaricci and B.U.M. Equipment can be overlooked in this back to the 80's craze. Anyway, I'm out for the day. I'm going to buy my girlfriend some Jordache jeans and a Benetton shirt and I'm going to snag a Champion sweatshirt with a matching turtleneck.
Ed

No comments: